- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Occupational (or Industrial) hygiene is the science of recognising, assessing and controlling health risks that may arise from workplace exposures to various hazards, such as hazardous substances, noise and vibration.
There is a clear and undeniable need for occupational hygiene in our workplaces. For example, it is estimated that there are 13,000 deaths each year linked to past exposure to dusts and chemicals (Source: HSE statistics 2018). Preventable ill-health from workplace environmental factors is a major cost factor for U.K. businesses.
The occupational hygiene services provided by Mabbett include:
- development of occupational hygiene strategy and/or management systems;
- regulatory audits;
- occupational (workplace) exposure monitoring for airborne substances, heat stress, etc. and risk assessment;
- occupational noise monitoring and risk assessment;
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) assessments;
- assessment of exposure to hand-arm vibration (HAV);
- ergonomic assessment and control programmes; and
- indoor air quality assessments.
Mabbett’s occupational hygiene services provides not just field data collection but also, more importantly, specific recommendations for control measures to reduce the impact of any identified hazards, which may include administrative and/or engineered solutions. Not only can Mabbett identify these control measures, but our integrated team can implement these solutions so our clients can truly see a difference. For example, where ventilation rates are insufficient, our mechanical and electrical engineers can design and manage the system upgrades; where noise levels exceed statutory action values, our acoustic engineers can design and manage the installation of engineering controls and noise attenuation techniques etc.
Contact Omar Khalid, Senior Health and Safety Consultant and Project Manager via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.