GEP Environmental, a Mabbett Company have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Engineer/Manager to join an extremely reputable environmental and energy management consultancy. The team consists of technical professionals which include Environmental Consultants, Energy Engineers and Project Managers who all specialise in Climate Change, Net Zero Carbon, Sustainability, Environmental Compliance, and Project Engineering & Project Management.
The successful Senior Project Engineer/Manager will be working at the core of an established team of engineers and consultants identifying and developing energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects that will support clients in their journey to Net Zero Carbon. As a Team Leader, you will have to provide technical input to a number of projects whilst also being responsible for your own projects. Therefore, excellent project management skills are essential.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Senior Engineers / Project Managers with a strong technical background but who is aligned with the Net Zero / Decarbonisation agenda specifically around the built environments and who can work independently and as part of the Senior Management Team.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements.
As a Senior Engineer, you will need to demonstrate a robust combination of the following:
- Ability to be a member of the company Senior Management Team
- Experienced energy / technical building services engineer with track record of supporting energy efficiency / decarbonisation capital projects / programmes
- Take up Engineering team leader role with responsibilities for QA of technical feasibility outputs and engineering design processes
- Mentoring and guidance of engineering team members
- Experience in undertaking technical for built environment projects / programme of works
- Project Management experience ideally supporting JCT / NEC design and build projects
- Degree of design / design management experience around energy efficiency / renewables for the built environment
- Experience of overseeing contractor activities to implement sustainable design solutions
- Good experience of project compliance and health and safety of projects
- Customer focused: can support clients across stakeholder engagement, project and design processes etc.
- Attend site of works in progress to verify quality of installation, compliance with design and specifications and witness testing and commissioning.
- Oversea client contractors to ensure that they provide adequate commissioning planning and programming & monitor progress to meet contract objectives.
- Prepare accurate contract documentation as required
- Good contract commercial awareness including supporting clients with sourcing and applying for project funding
- Capable of working autonomously on supporting individual clients / combination of clients at any one time
Other Duties include:
Undertake Energy Efficiency and Decarbonisation Feasibility Assessments on a range of building types across the Public Sector (Councils, NHS, Higher/Further Education) and Private Sector (such as real estate, manufacturing, healthcare, SMEs).
- Conceptual design of energy efficiency and low carbon solutions, typically for buildings, to identify and evaluate energy, carbon and cost savings potential.
- Conduct feasibility studies for renewables (such as Solar PV, Solar Thermal) and low carbon technology solutions (such as Air/Ground/Water Source Heat Pumps).
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support to evaluate the business case potential for energy efficiency and low carbon solutions.
- Write high quality technical reports that provide detailed analysis of energy and decarbonisation projects and deliver meaningful recommendations for our customers.
Qualifications and Skills
Do you have a relevant combination of the following qualifications and skills / experience?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant subject such as Energy Engineering, Renewables, Building Surveying or Carbon Management
- Previous experience as an energy engineer / project manager with either a practical engineering / building services background or consultancy background. This should ideally be a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience of the last phase of ESOS in 2019, or similar experience of commercial energy auditing.
- A thorough theoretical and practical understanding of energy efficiency and low carbon technologies, with a good knowledge of emerging technologies such as Heat Pumps and Battery Storage.
- Professional membership with a relevant organisation such as the Energy Institute, IEMA, CIBSE, Institute of Energy Technologies or Energy Managers Association.
- Relevant project management qualifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Excel, is essential.
- Experience with simulation software such as PVSol, DesignBuilder, Dialux and AutoCAD is beneficial but not essential.
- A full UK driving licence is essential for this role. Travel is expected as we work with a range of customers across the UK, mainly in but not limited to Southern England, Wales and the Midlands
- Preferably based in the South / South East / Midlands / Central or South Wales with good access to London
For further information on this vacancy and/or to apply for this position in complete confidence, please send a CV and Covering Letter, identifying how your qualifications, experience and attributes match the job description above, by:
Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of their salary expectations and confirm which Mabbett office(s) they would consider working from or home based, as applicable.