Updated guidance on ESOS
19th February 2015
The Environment Agency has published updated ESOS guidance – Complying with the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme. The updated guidance supersedes DECC’s ESOS Guide published in June 2014.
The updated guidance clarifies a number of points on ESOS to include:
- the scope of ESOS
- the qualification criteria with respect to overseas undertakings and U.K. establishments
- the application of ESOS to trusts
- determination of corporate groupings
- calculation of total energy consumption
- auditing approach for the construction sector
- notification requirements
- the approach to site visits
- the treatment of assets purchased or disposed of after the qualification date and before the compliance date
- the extent of inclusion of transport energy
- liability for compliance in cases of disaggregation
- what records to keep in your evidence pack.
To discuss if your organisation needs to comply or for compliance support to include ESOS Lead Assessor contact Andy Lee, Director, Engineering E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 0141 227 2300.