- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Integrated Management Systems (IMS) Internal Auditor
This 2-day training programme is designed to inform and build on delegates’ skills and understanding of auditing for business management systems compliance. Integrated Management Systems (IMS) covers combinations of management systems, such as quality, environmental and health and safety.
The programme provides training to assist in building the competency of internal auditors in an organisation.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at people who are, or will be, involved in the internal audit process. Delegates may include system auditors, line managers, Environmental champions, or Quality/Health and Safety professionals who may be moving towards a multiple audit role.
The overall aim of this course is to equip delegates with a general understanding of how to audit the effectiveness of their organisation’s management system. In detail this involves the following goals:
- To understand how internal auditing supports business management systems;
- To understand the principles of auditing;
- To understand how to manage an audit programme;
- To understand how to perform a management systems or IMS audit, including: the internal audit process from initiation to audit reporting; types of audit evidence to be captured; understanding potential barriers and how to address these;
- To understand how auditors can demonstrate their competence;
- To introduce delegates to the UK legal framework to enable legislative compliance issues to be identified as part of the internal audit process.
The course is specifically designed to develop Internal Auditor competency, to plan, develop and undertake and report IMS audits in accordance with guidelines published in ISO 19011:2011 “Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems”, and combines practical case study exercises with trainer presentations and group review sessions. As with all courses there is a strong emphasis on activity-based learning through exercises that encourage team working.
- Introduction to Management Systems.
- The wider role of Internal Auditing for ISO and management systems compliance.
- The process-based approach of all management systems.
- Planning and undertaking an audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Audit findings and audit reporting.
- The Integrated Management Systems approach.
The course coverage and format have the following key outcomes:
- All internal auditors trained to the same standards.
- Audit approach is based on identification of opportunities as well as management systems compliance issues.
- Practical exercises mean that delegates get 'hands on' internal IMS audit experience as part of the course.
At the end of the course the delegate will be able to effectively plan an Internal Audit, prepare checklists for the various stages of the audit and effectively assess and report non-conformances and opportunities for improvement in accordance with the guidelines.
To register or for more information contact our Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 227 2300.