- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Air Dispersion Modelling
Mabbett are able to offer a wide range of air dispersion modelling services using the ADMS (Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling System) software, which is the preferred software of the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA), the Environment Agency (EA), the Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Using ADMS 5, which is a new generation Gaussian plume air dispersion model utilised for assessing the air quality impact of existing and proposed industrial installations, Mabbett can model the effect of these installations in relation to applicable air quality standards. Typically, ADMS 5 is used for:
- Stack height calculation;
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs);
- Odour assessments;
- Air Quality Management e.g. for biomass boiler installation; and
- Environmental permitting support.
Mabbett can also offer services in relation to a range of other ADMS tools, such as ADMS-Urban, ADMS-Roads, ADMS-Airport and ADMS-Screen.
In addition to standard ADMS air pollution modelling as defined above, Mabbett are also able to model accidental releases for the following scenarios:
- Spreading and vaporisation of a liquid spill;
- Dense gas dispersion;
- Short-term accidental releases; and
- Dispersion and deposition from fires.