Clark Contracts Ltd
Mabbett Approach and Delivery
Working closely with the firm’s Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager and funded by Zero Waste Scotland, Mabbett assisted Clark Contracts to develop and implement bespoke Site Waste Management Plans and procedures
Mabbett was then retained by Clark Contracts to assist them to develop their Environmental Management System (EMS) to ISO 14001. The EMS was integrated with the firm’s existing ISO 9001 Management System. Support provided included:
- development of a legal register, aspects register and environmental objectives, targets and programmes.
- development and implementation of environmental procedures and policy.
- training (EMS Team, Awareness and Internal Auditor).
- Legal Compliance Auditing and Third Party Audit Support.
- Within 6 months, Mabbett assisted Clark Contracts to develop and implement an EMS to ISO 14001 and the system received external certification to ISO 14001.
- Clark Contracts were awarded the VIBES Award for Environmental Management in December 2010.
- As a result of efficiency savings made through introduction of Site Waste Management Plans and development of a registered EMS, Clark Contracts witnessed the following environmental and financial benefits: total waste tonnage diversion from landfill of ~3,758 tonnes; savings of over £49,000 to date; projected savings are estimated at ~£30,000 per annum thereafter, and an additional ~£13,247 saved by switching to a total waste management contract.