Aluminium and Plastic Systems participated in the award winning BITES programme, funded by Lisburn City Council and delivered by Mabbett and witnessed identified savings of £2,730. through improved energy efficiency and management.
Mabbett Approach and Delivery
The programme is delivered through a series of business improvement workshops, (IEMA) Foundation Certificate Course in Environmental Management and bespoke 1-to-1 implementation support to include a baseline audit.
During the baseline audit, Mabbett in partnership with APS noted the following resource efficiency improvement opportunities:
- improved energy efficiency and management.
- improved waste management to include: increasing recycling rates and competitive tendering by waste management suppliers.
- improved measurement and monitoring of resource consumption and costs to include water and transport.
“The BITES programme has triggered a complete review of our companies environmental performance. I found the BITES programme informative, well structured, and presented in a positive, professional and friendly manner. BITES has been a very worthwhile business initiative and I would have no hesitation recommending this programme”
Stephen O’Neill, Operations Manager
- Identified cost savings of: £2,730. through improved energy efficiency and management. Mabbett undertook a dedicated energy survey and noted the following opportunities which could result in annual year-on-year cost savings of £2,730. if implemented to include: upgrade lighting to energy efficient lamps; look at better heating controls; install timers on appliances; compressed air leak survey, and turn off campaign for lights and PCs.
- Improved waste management particularly hazardous waste.
- Development of Monitoring and Measurement data to understand resource costs and better manage them moving forward.
- Development of an Environmental Management System to BS8555 Level 3.
To find out more about how Mabbett can work with you, please get in touch.