Mabbett staff take to the cycle track at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome
2nd December 2014
On Friday 28 November 2014, Mabbett hosted its 6th bi-annual Mabbett Training Day at The Emirates Arena, Glasgow, home of The Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome. Staff joined together from across our U.K. offices, providing an opportunity for staff to develop new skills, contribute to our business planning and spend time together as a team.
As an Investors in People accredited organisation, Mabbett are committed to the ongoing development of our people to foster a progressive and collaborative work environment. We achieve this through running two Mabbett Training Days a year to give staff space and focused time to give feedback, continue their professional development, generate ideas and discuss future activities. The Mabbett Training Days are highly motivational and help assist Mabbett to strategically plan for the future through the input of all our staff.
Themes for Friday’s presentations centred around our ‘People, Purpose and Profit’ theme for 2014/15 to include:
- a financial performance review for the year-to-date;
- staff group discussions on our company values – Persistence, Integrity, Passion and Sustainability;
- update on company achievements in the past 6 months, to include:
- welcoming our new staff members to the team;
- retention of the Investors in People accreditation;
- Mabbett achieving the Bronze Award under The Healthy Working Lives Award Programme;
- recent company Community Engagement initiatives to include: Mabbett’s own Mabbett Commonwealth Games BBQ for UNICEF, contributing to schools and universities, Macmillan Cancer Coffee morning, and most recently a ‘Bake Off’ for Yorkhill Children’s Charity;
- a practical hazard awareness and risk management session which is also relevant for the upcoming OHSAS 18001 external audit; and
- Mr Julian Westaby from Dunning, delivered a presentation to our staff on how to optimise LinkedIn for business benefit.
The highlight of the day was when our staff took to the track at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome under the guidance of David Daniell, Delhi silver medallist, to experience track cycling at its best! Thrilling and highly enjoyable was the feedback from our team.