- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
IOSH Working Safely
- 24 March 2020
Working Safely is a one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, that need a grounding in health and safety.
Ideal for introducing staff to why health and safety is important, Working Safely shows how everyone can make a difference to their own wellbeing and that of others through everyday behaviours. It is interactive and focuses on best practice rather than legislation. This practical course is designed for people in organisations whose work exposes them to risk. It will equip them with the core knowledge they require to work safely without endangering themselves or others.
Who Should Attend?
Any member of staff that needs a good foundation in modern risk based health and safety management principles.
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
How the course delivery style suits you
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies help drive the points home over the whole course.
- Each module is backed by crystal-clear examples and recognisable scenarios, and summaries reinforce the key learning points.
- The course includes interactive games and quizzes, helping delegates learn in a refreshingly informal way.
- Minimal disruption to working days and shifts – the programme is delivered in just one day, including the assessment.
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics are covered in a single programme.
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents.
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures.
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace.
- Nationally-recognised and respected certification.
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain.
Working Safely content
- Defining safe working principles, hazard and risk
- Hazard identification techniques
- Basic qualitative risk assessment
- Selecting or seeking advice on workplace precautions
- Assisting managers to prepare risk assessments
- The nature of the risks arising from common workplace hazards
- How these hazards can cause harm
- The control measures available to minimise risk
- An overview of the relevant H&S legislation
- Manual handling
- Display Screen Equipment
- Chemicals and substances
- Work equipment
- Movement of people
- Poor housekeeping
Improving the organisations' safety performance
- Requirements for a health and safety policy
- The role of ‘control’ in effective safety management
- Co-operation at all levels
- How accident and incident reporting contributes to learning from what has gone wrong
- Techniques of active monitoring
- Methods of helping managers with active monitoring
- Delegates are evaluated using a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise.
- When you pass, you can choose to receive the IOSH Working safely certificate and/or the IOSH safety passport as proof of your qualification
- Recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment.
Point of Contact
For further information on this course please contact a member of our training team on 0141 227 2300 or email@example.com.