- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
COSHH – Awareness and Risk Assessment
Hazardous Substances in one form or another are used or generated throughout industry. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations lay down the specific steps which must be adhered to when assessing risks.
Awareness of the presence, properties and nature of hazardous substances as well as knowledge of the work environments and activities where these are used or generated is fundamental in understanding the risk they present to employees and others.
Assessing associated risk to the workforce from the use or generation of hazardous substances is a critical risk management tool.
The course will be delivered by experienced occupational health, safety and hygiene consultants who will enhance learning through case study examples and practical experience.
This course is designed to:
- aid delegates in gaining awareness and understanding of COSHH.
- identify relevant skills to aid in the assessment of risk from hazardous substances.
- apply the principles of good practice as defined by the COSHH Regulations.
- What is a Hazardous Substance?
- Routes of entry and Health effects.
- Legal Requirements – COSHH and others.
- Conducting the COSHH Risk Assessment
- Factors to consider in COSHH Assessments.
- A step by step approach to risk assessment.
- Recording and review of risk assessment.
- Control Strategies and hierarchy of control
- Resources to guide control.
- Checking effectiveness of controls.
Point of Contact
To register or for more information contact our Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 227 2300.