- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
CITB Accredited Temporary Works General Awareness (TWGATC)
- Please email email@example.com for dates.
This one day training course provides delegates with a broad insight to the topic of Temporary Works, including an understanding of the essentials of good safety risk management.
Who should attend?
This course is designed to provide training for those involved in the temporary works process but who are not undertaking the role of Temporary Works Co-ordinator or Supervisor as defined in BS5975. The course assumes limited or no detailed previous knowledge of temporary works.
The course is likely to benefit:
- Delegates who are not likely to undertake the role of TWC or TWS in the near future (or at all) but may be involved in the temporary works process during construction planning.
- Directors, contract managers, site foremen, estimators, planners, procurement, commercial Managers.
- Health and safety professionals wishing to gain a better understanding of temporary works.
- Graduate and new entrants to the construction industry.
- Delegates not directly from civil engineering or building sectors who may use temporary works e.g. mechanical and electrical contractors, local authority building maintenance, nuclear decommissioning, utility companies.
- Delegates who have come into the construction industry from other industries.
- Overseas contractors who may wish to learn from U.K. best practice.
- Permanent works designers involved in temporary works, other consulting or structural engineers.
- Principal designers and client’s representatives.
- People from the training industry – University and college lecturers.
- Salespersons from equipment or plant suppliers.
The course aim is to ensure delegates gain a broad knowledge and understanding of what constitutes temporary works and how to support good industry practice with regard to temporary works.
The course objectives are to:
- Understand what constitutes temporary works and how they are used in construction.
- Raise awareness and improve delegate’s understanding on the need to plan for temporary works in construction.
- Support delegates understanding of common temporary works issues.
- Give delegates a greater understanding of the management process for temporary works.
- Raise awareness of the other roles and responsibilities involved in the temporary works process’.