- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Course available on request.
- For more information contact our Training Team at email@example.com or call 0141 227 2300.
Accidents cost money, either directly or indirectly, with the best intentions organisations have over the years invested heavily in developing their staff to become health and safety proficient, this has driven down accident statistics to a level that is now at a plateau, something has to change if further reductions have to be made, this can only be achieved if people recognise they are the main source of accidents and are willing to look at their own behaviour in the workplace.
In developing this behavioural safety programme, Mabbett provide ready to use measurement tools and techniques to benchmark staff perception in H&S.
From this information delegates can devise their own working programme for implementation in the workplace. The ability to identify the skills necessary to benchmark their existing workplace health and safety culture, building up their own personal knowledge and confidence in the challenges faced.
The two day course has been devised from elements of recognised management principles, combined with techniques from occupational psychology, powers of persuasion and constructive learning techniques.
Who should attend?
Decision makers, H&S Advisers, HR Managers or those with a real interest in changing people’s behaviour in making the workplace a safer place.
On completion, Delegates will be better able to:
- Gain fresh impetus in persuading people to work safer.
- Motivate and inspire people to look at their own behaviour.
- Overcome the most stubborn rule breakers within an organisation.
- Persuade people to change and adopt safer habits.
- Build awareness in the power of team dynamics.
- Establish skills in how to influence teams in a positive manner.
- Communicate the message at all levels.
- Recognise errors early and take appropriate actions to prevent their occurrence.
- Ask the question and intervene without confrontation.
Key learning attributes:
- The proven three step formula to change a behaviour.
- Learn the core personal behaviours expected of effective leaders.
- Build the interpersonal skills to influence peoples behaviour.
- Gain a sound knowledge of what drives people to behave as they do in the context of safety.
- Establish leadership behaviours and skills to influence others to behave more safely.
- Understand how the 6 personality adaptions are formed and identify personality traits in themselves and others.
- Gain a general understanding of the principles of Transactional Analysis in human diagnostics.
- Establish the four key reinforcement zones that can be applied to overcome the most stubborn behaviours in people.
- Have a sound knowledge of the ‘law of behaviour’ developed by Doctor David Premack.
- Understand how to transform behavioural change into habit strength.
- Acquire a general understanding of the principles of human error arising from the HSE's Human Factor programme.
- Understand how and why employees carry out routine violations of rules at work and how to overcome this resistance.
- Increase understanding of Professor James reasons - three key error modes during major incidents.
- Gain an understanding of human motivation techniques and their application through accepted authorities on the subject.
- Establish the six core techniques from the Psychology of Persuasion.
- Build a step wise process to formulate a world class health and safety culture within any organisation.
- Understand the key principles of group dynamics and how to recognise the seven key roles required to develop a dynamic team.
- Produce and implement a practical action plan for the use in the workplace.
Trainer input, practical exercises, syndicate and individual work, product experience with question and answering sessions.