This awareness course is designed for anyone who requires an awareness of legionella and the potential risk it poses in the workplace.
The course will be delivered by experienced health & safety consultants who will enhance learning through case study examples and practical experience.
- Introduction to Legionella and Legionnaires’ disease; what and where it is, and what’s the problem.
- Legionella bacteria: managing the risk (legislation and recent case history), basic prevention and principle activities and key personnel.
- Legionella risk assessment.
- Legionella written control schemes.
- Practically managing the risk of legionella: practical risk control measures, developing and maintaining records, review and audit of legionella control measures and potential action in the event of an outbreak.