- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Local Exhaust Ventilation Testing
Employers have a legal duty to ensure that local exhaust ventilation systems in place are thoroughly examined and tested on a regular basis. Systems must be shown to be fit for purpose and effectively capturing contaminants, which could otherwise pose a threat to employees’ health and well being. These responsibilities are defined under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, as amended (COSHH Regulations) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) publication HSG258 Controlling Airborne Contaminants at Work.
Mabbett's team of engineers and occupational hygiene professionals can provide the assurance that a local exhaust ventilation system is working effectively and, thus, providing safety for staff and operating in a way that minimises costs.
Mabbett offers a comprehensive local exhaust ventilation testing service, from evaluation and testing, to actual detailed design and installation management. Mabbett provides the engineering knowledge and experience to enable facility managers to make the right decisions.
Mabbett can review the performance of local exhaust ventilation systems against basic operational requirements and design best practice. Mabbett can also provide full detailed mechanical and electrical engineering design, and construction management services for existing, upgraded and/or new systems. Mabbett’s engineering knowledge and experience helps ensure that clients make the right decisions to help protect their employees and business.
Mabbett’s related local exhaust ventilation testing and design services include:
- full regular test and inspection of local exhaust ventilation systems;
- development of in-house monitoring programmes, user manual and system logbook;
- full mechanical and electrical engineering design services;
- bidding and negotiating assistance;
- construction management oversight;
- local exhaust ventilation commissioning and optimisation; and
- design comparison services for existing systems with no design or commissioning information in place to include the preparation of as-built drawings.
Contact Ross Ramsay, Manager, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.