- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Design
Employers have a legal duty to ensure that their Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) systems are thoroughly checked and examined on a regular basis. Systems must be shown to be fit for purpose and effectively capturing contaminants which could otherwise pose a threat to employees’ health and well being. These responsibilities are defined under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, as amended (COSHH Regulations) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) publication HSG258 Controlling Airborne Contaminants at Work.
Mabbett often finds that LEV systems operators need to re-verify the basic operational requirements and performance of their LEV systems, whether due to changes to system operation or the absence of suitable design information. It is often not clear to operators whether their systems are fit for purpose, even when regular testing reveals little change in performance.
Mabbett can review the performance of LEV systems against basic operational requirements and design best practice. Mabbett can also provide full detailed mechanical and electrical engineering design and construction management services. Mabbett’s engineering knowledge and experience helps ensure that our clients make the right decisions to help protect your employees and business.
Mabbett’s related Local Exhaust Ventilation systems testing and design services include:
- LEV design engineers who are trained and examined to P602 - Basic Design Principles of Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems (proficiency module of the British Occupational Hygiene Society);
- full regular testing and inspection of LEV systems;
- development of in-house monitoring programmes, user manual and system logbook;
- full mechanical and electrical engineering design services;
- bidding and negotiating assistance;
- construction management oversight;
- LEV systems commissioning and optimisation; and
- design comparison services for existing systems with no design or commissioning information in place to include the preparation of as-built drawings.
Contact Andrew Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0141 227 2300 to discuss further.