- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Phase 2
The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) is a mandatory energy assessment scheme for organisations in the U.K. that meet the qualification criteria of being a “large undertaking” (*definition below).
ESOS Phase 2 is now underway and qualifying companies have three important compliance steps to follow before 05 December 2019. Organisations have until 31 December 2019 to submit their ESOS notification of compliance.
ESOS Phase 2 shouldn’t phase you. Whether you have already been through ESOS Phase 1, or are required to comply with ESOS for the first time, Mabbett can support and take you beyond compliance so your business will See a Difference.
Why Work with Mabbett for ESOS Phase 2?
- Many companies in the last ESOS tranche felt that ESOS audits didn’t deliver value. Mabbett clients bucked this trend, with over £25 million of savings identified over 130 individual sites. We are confident that we can assist you to identify significant cost savings and provide realistic action plans to aid implementation.
- Our team’s depth of experience means that we can guide you through the entire process, from confirming your ESOS eligibility and the specific steps for your company, to the costs involved and the most suitable timescale.
- If adopting the energy audit route to compliance, you are required to appoint a Lead Assessor to carry out and oversee or review your audits and overall ESOS assessment. Mabbett have several Lead Assessors who will help guide you to full compliance.
- The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) awarded Mabbett the contract for ESOS Compliance Auditing of Northern Irish participants in Phase 1, meaning that we have a deep understanding of regulator expectations.
- If your organisation achieves certification to ISO 50001 (the international standard for energy management), then you can use this as an alternative route to ESOS compliance. Not only can Mabbett help you to develop, implement and audit ISO 50001, but we can also do the same for ISO 90001 (quality), ISO 14001 (environmental management) and ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001 (health and safety), allowing greater integration of these standards with your business strategy and operations.
- If your company energy spend is in excess of £200,000. per annum, then payback on investment in ISO 50001 is likely to be < 1 year, with savings accruing year on year.
- Companies with a larger spend on energy also will have an interest in how ISO 50001 can integrate with legally-required corporate Greenhouse Gas emissions reporting.
- Mabbett’s wide range of services means that our team are intimately familiar with the processes of a wide variety of industries, such as food and drink, aerospace, industrial manufacturing, construction, chemicals, waste management, and everything in between. Not only does this mean less time spent getting “up to speed” on the needs of your business, but we will be able to give much more informed recommendations based on our previous experience.
- Mabbett can also support other E.U. member states in complying with the equivalent 2012 European Union Energy Efficiency Directive, Article 8 requirements.
- For ESOS/ISO 50001 project support in England, Scotland and Wales, contact Andy Lee - Director, Engineering and ESOS Lead Assessor - on 0141 227 2316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For ESOS/ISO 50001 project support in Northern Ireland, contact Rob Duncan - Manager, Energy & Environment Services and ESOS Lead Assessor - on 028 9590 1695 or email@example.com
- ESOS explained
- Where did ESOS Phase 2 come from?
- Four reasons to start your ESOS Phase 2 journey now
* A “large undertaking” is defined as an organisation that employs 250 or more people, has an annual turnover in excess of 50 million euro, and an annual balance sheet total in excess of 43 million euro. UK registered establishments of an overseas company will also need to take part in ESOS (regardless of their size) if any other part of their global corporate group activities in the UK meet the ESOS qualifying criteria.