- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Mabbett COVID-19 Statement
The global impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) has resulted in an unprecedented environment. Team Mabbett are determined to persist to deliver our business values in order to protect our staff, serve our clients and work together with our supply chain to work through this extraordinary challenge.
Over recent years, and as part of our integrated management system, Mabbett has identified a range of business continuity scenarios to enhance our business resilience through creating systems of prevention and recovery to deal with likely business threats. In recent weeks, we have been implementing our Corporate Pandemic Disease Plan in response to COVID-19.
The key steps of our Corporate Pandemic Disease Plan include:
- Implementation of current UK Government guidelines in relation to COVID-19 and regular monitoring for future updates. This includes enhanced hygiene routines to reduce risk to our staff, clients and suppliers.
- The appropriate management of our employees to help protect them from COVID-19 and taking extra precautions for those falling under the high-risk category.
- The postponement of all non-essential, non-project related activities until further notice to free up additional capacity in Team Mabbett so we have greater flexibility during the coming months.
- Daily monitoring of our workflows to ensure our service levels are maintained or early intervention is made to communicate alternative plans with our clients and partners. We are regularly undertaking risk assessments across our business to identify and mitigate risks to project and/or contract performance arising from the spread of COVID-19.
- Encouraging home working to reduce the exposure risk of our employees whilst utilising our investment in remote desktop, virtual private networks and video conferencing to reduce potential impact on our clients. Appropriate health and safety support risk assessments have been undertaken for all staff intending to home work.
- Applying a risk-based approach to business travel and site visits. This includes maintaining a master business travel schedule to manage our business risk in response to future COVID-19 developments.
- Providing advice to our employees on personal travel during annual leave and implementing a bespoke return to work policy for any international travel.
- In the event any of our employees are suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, we shall follow the current UK Government advice in ‘COVID-19: Guidance for Employers’.
- Daily monitoring of pandemic disease events and provision of additional/revised guidance to our staff as appropriate.
At Mabbett, we understand in such a challenging and unprecedented environment there will be uncertainty, unknowns and even fear. In response, we make the following comments in order to provide reassurance:
- To our staff, you are our most important asset and we will do our utmost to protect you. Whether you have been a part of Team Mabbett for a month or 20 years plus, we will work together to persist through this extraordinary challenge.
- To our clients, we stand ready to support you and work together to continue to serve your projects and/or contracts. We understand the current uncertainty may bring sudden change so we will be flexible in our service approach to meet your requirements. Please get in touch if you need our support.
- To our suppliers, we believe our relationship will be further strengthened as we work together to address the supply chain challenge’s we are set. Through adversity we will develop new ways of positively working together for mutual benefit.
- To our brother and sister safety, environment and engineering firms, while historically we may have competed on certain projects and/or for certain clients, we stand ready to support you and to work together in the spirit of doing the right thing within our sector. Please reach out if we can be of assistance.
During our 24-year history, our business has been through challenges before, but we suspect none of these will be of the scale of challenge we will now face. While we are uncertain of the full impact COVID-19 will bring us, Team Mabbett are determined to protect the health of our staff while persisting to deliver the best service to our clients by working through this challenge together.
See Mabbett, See a Difference.
Stay well. Team Mabbett.
15 March 2020