- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
The purest water of life for Glen Turner Distillery through controlled Chemical Management.
Mabbett Approach and Delivery:
Mabbett were retained by Glen Turner Distillery Ltd (Glen Turner) to provide assistance with their on-site chemical management. Although the initial project remit was provision of COSHH assessments for the site, it was found that chemical management would be a more suitable service, based on the hazardous substances present and the nature of their use. Mabbett placed our specialist Chemical Health and Safety Consultant at the Glen Turner site for a number of days to observe current chemical management practices and offer advice for improvements.
Mabbett duly provided the following support:
- Completion of a site walk round investigating chemical storage, handling and disposal across the site.
- Provision of detailed comments for areas for improvement and preventative actions.
- Completion of COSHH assessments for a number of chemicals used across the site.
Recommendations were also put forward to improve storage, labelling, handling and disposal.
- Glen Turner have improved their chemical storage and in turn improved their awareness of the hazards associated with chemicals used on their site.
- Provision of a specialist and dedicated resource to deliver the project which identified the best solution to meet the site’s needs.
- Implementation of good business practice through improved compliance and health and safety management and reduced business risk.
“Thank you for your efforts – you’ve done exactly what I needed you to plus a little bit more!” Susan Williamson, Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental Manager (Q-SHE)