- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Gordon & MacPhail Distillery reduce carbon emissions and annually save £50,000.
Mabbett Project Approach and Delivery:
Gordon & MacPhail (G&M) is an independent family run business which specialises in whisky and has been bottling and selling Scotch whisky for over 100 years. G&M is also the proud owner of Benromach Distillery in Forres.
At Benromach Distillery, G&M was considering replacing an existing oil fired steam boiler, which provides steam to the whisky making process, with either a natural gas or biomass boiler. The mechanical and electrical engineering team at Mabbett, who are Resource Efficient Scotland framework contractors, were commissioned to conduct an options appraisal for the following:
- conversion of existing oil fired steam boiler to natural gas;
- installation of a new natural gas boiler; and
- installation of a biomass boiler.
A costed business case was provided for each option to include investment, cost and payback. The business case also took account of environmental savings for each option.
- Reduced environmental footprint with a 40% reduction in CO2 emissions and energy cost savings of £50,000 a year. G&M is going to install a new natural gas supply and a new dual fuel burner fitted to the existing steam boiler.
- Provision of independent expert advice which will not only reduce overhead costs but also reduce the company’s carbon footprint.
Click here to visit the Resource Efficient Scotland website to read feedback from Neil Urquhart, Director – HR & Compliance on the project.