- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Risk Assessment - A Practical Workshop
- Autumn/Winter 2017 dates coming soon
Effective Risk Control is the cornerstone of modern Health and Safety Management. This course is highly practical in nature and has been designed to ensure delegates gain a thorough understanding of the principles and techniques of effective Risk Assessment, along with an overview of the key requirements of the underpinning legislation.
Duration: 1 day
Who Should Attend?
Senior Managers, Line Managers, Supervisors, Safety Officers or anybody involved in carrying out Health and Safety Risk Assessment.
Intended Learning Outcome
The intended learning outcome is that delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legal requirements for Risk Assessment.
- Understand the principles of hazard identification.
- Carry out an assessment of risk as an individual or member of a team.
- Understand the principles of risk control.
- Background to Risk Assessment
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HASAWA)
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations relevant to Risk Assessment
- Safe systems of work
- Risk Assessment – Managers responsibility
- Risk Assessment Terminology
- Principles of Prevention
- Evaluation of Precautions
- Management Regulations Relevant to Risk Assessment - Summary
- Assessment Records
- Special applications of Risk Assessment – Young Persons
- New or expectant mothers
- Overview of other assessment requirements