- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Water and Effluent Bill Validation
Mabbett’s team of experienced water and wastewater engineers offer a robust bill validation service for water and effluent to identify any billing errors that may be present, access any potential rebates and reduce water related costs.
"The answer could be absolutely nothing. Or it could be hundreds and thousands."
Water and effluent bills are often complex with a number of site specific variables being used to calculate how much you are charged. Due to this complexity and an organisation or site’s unfamiliarity with the applicable charging structure, it is not uncommon for billing errors to occur, often running for a number of years unnoticed.
Mabbett offer this risk-free bill validation model where payment is proportional to the savings that are made, rather than a flat, up-front fee. Where no savings are made, the service is free of charge. The basic Mabbett charging model for the identification of billing inaccuracies/rebate opportunities is as follows:
Mabbett offer a bespoke bill validation package and this charging model is reviewed and tailored as necessary on a project-by-project basis.
Upon validation of your bills, Mabbett provide a concise memorandum summarising any identified errors and their associated cost savings, alongside a Mabbett Bill Validation Certificate.
Different to most bill validation services on the market, Mabbett’s offering is provided by experienced water and wastewater engineers who are often able to identify opportunities that our competitors would miss. The validation exercise will consider:
- Water supply and wastewater discharge unit rates;
- The number and size of incoming main meter(s);
- Fixed water meter charges;
- Road and property drainage charging;
- Site non-return to sewer allowances;
- Domestic and special allowances;
- Applicable charging tariffs;
- Property rateable values;
- Mogden formula review;
- Trade effluent availability charge accuracy;
- Effluent meter(s) size;
- Trade effluent outfall amalgamation;
- Application of sustainable urban drainage systems;
- Opportunities for water abstraction; and
- Water services and trade effluent charge rebates.
To discuss a free-of-charge assessment, or your water and effluent bill validation needs, contact James Forbes, Manager, Process Engineering, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.