- +44 (0) 141 227 2300
Anaerobic Digestion (AD) technology fits very well with the U.K. government’s commitment to a ‘zero waste’ economy. Recent developments in the industry have seen a move to include AD on smaller scale factory plants. These facilities use a diverse range of feedstocks to produce heat and power, which provide green energy and heat to power their industrial processes, and additional revenue from exporting any excess. Opportunities with AD technology are vast. The estimated potential for AD deployment for heat and electricity could reach 3 – 5TWh by 2020. Mabbett can assist in making AD a valuable asset on your facility.
The engineering team at Mabbett, which includes environmental, mechanical and electrical design engineers, have experience in the development and operation of both commercial and smaller on-site Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plants. This gives us capability to offer comprehensive engineering, technical, troubleshooting, project management and legislative support to our clients.
Core areas of expertise include:
- Waste review and feedstock evaluation.
- Feedstock characterisation and biogas potential testing.
- Process mapping: energy and heat use potential.
- Identification and design of AD technologies.
- Full feasibility studies and bench scale digestion trials.
- Environmental permitting applications, BAT studies, DEFRA/animal health approvals.
- Independent design analysis and review including provision of HAZID and ENVID studies.
- Long-term management, operation and optimisation of AD facilities.
- Independent evaluation of digestate handling and treatment options.
- Economic evaluation of economic benefits and including: renewable heat obligations, etc.
- Engineered final effluent treatment solutions, commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Full support and development of quality digestate to PAS110 accreditation.
- Air quality modelling and monitoring (Stack emission, odour and bioaerosols).
Contact Michael Lynch, Director, Process Engineering & Safety via email at: email@example.com to discuss further.